The Whistler Cycling Club brings together road cyclists in Whistler and throughout the Sea to Sky Corridor. Come ride with us! See our 2017 SLIDESHOW here.
New Board of Directors Elected at AGM
The Whistler Cycling Club elected 5 new directors to the board at the 2017 AGM on March 12th, 2018. Incoming President, Bob Barnett was quick to acknowledge the work of the outgoing board members. "It was the tireless efforts of the founding board members that brought about the inception of The Whistler Cycling Club club 4 years ago. They built the foundation and they are the reason the club has been able to accomplish all that it has to date." He also welcomed the new board members. "If the energy and ideas that the new board members brought to the first board and committee meetings is any indication, the future of the club is bright. As an example, one of the first actions of the board was to extend the discounted rate for membership to members of both the Whistler Tri Club and BC Triathalon. With the number of athletes from around the world training for Ironman in the corridor, it just makes sense to welcome them to our club, to ride with us and take advantage of the club benefits."
The 2018 Whistler Cycling Club Board of Directors
President Bob Barnett firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President Chris Quinlan email@example.com
Secretary Karen Norton firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer Ken Chaddock email@example.com
Gary Baker firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Brammer email@example.com
Trish Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
Pablo Contreras email@example.com
Frank Savage firstname.lastname@example.org
Whistler Olympic Park. A classic two hour ride directly from Whistler Village.
Our club hosts local group rides Tuesday and Wednesday evenings as well as many Sunday mornings.*
We organize club rides outside of the Whistler area that feature beautiful scenery and quiet roads.
* Riding season is from early May through late September. See our CALENDAR for scheduled rides.
For details of popular rides in the Sea to Sky corridor see our RIDES page.
If you are visiting the area and want to join in a club ride see our VISITORS page.
Have a general question, or a good idea for rides or events? Go to our CONTACT page.
More about the club organization and by-laws can be found on our GOVERNANCE page.
To facilitate and promote recreational road cycling in Whistler and the surrounding area by:
- Encouraging a safe, social and inclusive riding environment for cyclists of all abilities,
- Educating cyclists on cycling safety and riding etiquette,
- Providing skill development opportunities for road cyclists of all ability levels,
- Advocating for safe cycling infrastructure by working cooperatively with governments,
- Supporting the development of Whistler and the Sea to Sky Corridor as a destination for road cycling visitors,
- Promoting safe and inclusive youth participation and racing development.