For the past few years Whistler Cycling Club has been volunteering for the Bike Transition T2 at Ironman Canada in Whistler. Ironman Canada, in appreciation for our efforts, has given us a grant which allows us to develop youth programs, keep our membership fees very low, train ride leaders and contribute towards social functions. Bike Handlers T2 is where the athletes drop off their bikes (eye candy for sure), we rack them and watch the athletes head off on their run. It is a fun day, we are a necessary part in the success of the event and receive very positive kudos from Ironman participants. To sign up go to Ironman Canada, go to Volunteers, scroll down to Bike Handlers parking lot 4 from 11:30 to 5:30, or Bike Check Out -Shift 1 from 5 to 9. Thank you for signing up. It is events like this that help make a healthy cohesive club. As captain of T2, I would be happy to answer any queries. Gary Baker 604 935 2065
Happenings, Events, Stories, Adventures
Summary of Articles
- May 2016
- Feb 7, 2016 Special Offer to WCC Members by CycleVentures
- October 2015
- Sep 17, 2015 What's the Limit?
- Jun 4, 2015 Memorial Ride June 9
- Jun 4, 2015 To WCC Members Regarding Kelly Blunden and Ross Chafe
- May 2015
- Apr 29, 2015 BIKING SEASON IS STARTING...... COME RIDE WITH US!!
- Apr 15, 2015 Club volunteers clean upper Callaghan Rd
- Mar 28, 2015 Whistler Riders do well in Spring Series
- Mar 21, 2015 New directors, 2015 riding plans and online membership options
- January 2015